The Sunday Currently Vol. 34
I was looking at my archives and saw that my last Sunday Currently post was 8 months ago! I’m like, what? I guess I just didn’t have a lot of Sundays worth sharing for quite a while. (And admitting I slacked and filtered off my personal life a lot in the past months; so not me) So many yay and nay things happened but I can’t seem to put it out there compared to before. Trying again though, slowly.
Life in phrases for my ~lost~ period: got my engineering license, landed a job, endured as long as I could living a monotonous life, breakdowns, quit, proved n times I must never get drunk on a sad day–I get real ugly, writing e-course, several talks at 2 AM with friends (luff u guys), back in the #ahrt life, will be part of #TeamABC (omg omg omg iyaq of happiness si acoe), so I’m freelancing now, looking for other part-times to pay the bills (anyone willing to hire me in a coffee shop kahit walang experience? For real though), planning, taking things by the day, trying not to overthink, being brave (not reckless).
Trying not to think of how I’ll make a living out of my passion, but just live my passion. Well, at least for 6 months.
So, dami ko nanamang kwento, kaloka si @self, dumadaldal na ulit. Anyway, all is well. Today, and the previous days, are all so good; and just so thankful and excited for the next ones!
- READING Emma by Jane Austen. I had this classic for quite some time. (You could tell I bought it because of the good cover right? 😉) and Show Your Work by Austin Kleon.
- WRITING in my journal, trying to recap the week. I’m also writing this as a break to writing another (beauty omg lol) blog post that will be up this week.
- LISTENING to Cheats. I rarely listen to local bands, but there are days like today that I do. And I even have The Bandang Shirley songs up next on my Spotify.
- THINKING of legit plans, how to execute them, building a portfolio, of emailing a lot of people, of being scared and excited.
- SMELLING dinner, I’m hungry, as usual. But I did just finish my milk tea latte in the last 15 minutes (Lipton Milk Tea Latte in sachets is bomb! Highly recommended.)
- WISHING nothing actually. I’m so content with how things are right now.
- HOPING things work out and this is not a gaga-ka-anong-pinaggagawa-mo stage in my youth. /halfjoke/
- WEARING yellow ochre-ish shirt dress tucked in denim culottes. Everything’s loose because I’ve been eating a lot today.
- LOVING that I get to produce content again. I don’t know how I love managing others’ social media accounts so much, but in real life, I don’t even post on my own, lol. Shameless plug: follow @shopabbeysy! Exciting things coming ahead! ✌️
- WANTING the foldable wooden breakfast style table I saw 2 nights ago. It’s just Php 1400 and on buy one take one! I don’t know though whom to sell the other one to, huhu, reason as to why I didn’t buy it. If you live near Katipunan and want to split, msg me, srsly. It’s like an Instagram worthy table perfect for flatlays!
- NEEDING to set a schedule and stick to it.
- FEELING happy, genuinely.
- CLICKING a lot of pocketed articles and inspo posts that I want to share. Listing them down instead for your time-wasting pleasure.
- Journal days (for daily journaling inspo)
- Incredibly Helpful Graphic Design Courses That Happen To Be Free (for reference)
- Eating Healthy for P150 a Day (been quite an internet issue but really looked forward to this post by Erwan)
- Confessions of an Instagram Influencer (for reference again, + I’m back to marketing and branding, so reads like these are insightful)
- The Rise and (Maybe) Fall of Influencers (another one)
- (and adding this here just because Young Star articles give me life and I’ve read this too many times) What Happens When You Meet Your 100% Perfect Boy
So that’s it for ~lyf~ and today.
In line with trying to be brave, I finally made a Facebook page. I’m kind of accepting the fact that I do have to put myself out there if I want to freelance. People I know personally (aside from very close friends) don’t know of my happenings yet (or this blog) but gathering up strength to share it sometime soon. (Mahirap kasi okay pag scientific and analytical lahat sa inyo, art will forever be a ‘hobby’ and not something taken seriously; there’s judgments passed and misunderstandings pero keri, kailangan tanggapin)
Will share here in the next month for workshops, art prints and merch, and updates! So many things to look forward to. ✌️
P.S. Also, I need to get back to blog hopping, I miss reading personal posts and life latelys. Comment down below your links so I could blog hop while in the office, heh.