Keeping Tabs, April 2019
This is a list, literally. A life check-in, maybe. I’m not really sure how it’ll go but I’d like to keep tab.
I remember when I used to write The Sunday Currentlys and I can’t believe I was able to keep that up for some time. Weekly posting? Who is she?! But I miss talking about the things people don’t care about. And that let’s-recap-life-and-self-diagnose feeling. I just really enjoy listing down the little things. Let’s try that again, shall we?
- Kids talk about success and tbh, they know more about it than I do
- Drawing exercises where you might not really draw after, but you’ll wow at the visuals
- “My dad always did tell me that learning to love what you do is more important than doing what you love. In the back of my mind, I guess I knew I never quite believed it fully. Why couldn’t it be both?”
- It’s been 3 years since I joined a writing workshop by Camille Pillar – here she talks about La Union and Clean Beach Co
- Did you know what you wanted to be when you grew up? Because I sure did. And that’s how I had myself pictured for years… until recently, it’s just not
- Furry Little Peach’s most recent newsletter on NOT making art for algorithms. Subscribe to her if you haven’t because she is amazing! I can forward you the newsletter email if you want since there’s no link to it, just let me know in the comments
LISTEN to these 4 random songs from my productivity playlist. And hello to the things I draw to stop me from drawing the things I really need to draw.
- Avengers Endgame. Did not regret re-watching all MCU movies during the Holy Week break. I was unproductive, yes, but whatever (it takes)
Crazy Ex-Girlfriend. I watched this earlier this year and got obsessed and rewatched it immediately. I might still have a huge crush on Santino Fontana even if he left the show early on
True story: I had to check my IG Stories archive to check what I’ve done the past days because my brain is dead at this point in time.
- Make Space Today mock workshops which will start by asking you what you expect in the class and you’ll go home with expectations exceeding 100x. Every. Single. Time. I’m really excited for the opening!
- Catching up on my 11 kids post Wanna One. Silently living for AB6IX’s debut and all the bb Wooj content
- Been hung up on a commission work post sticker con so after that I kinda got into a creative rut
- I picked up my sketchbook again because I simply hate everything I draw digitally and luckily, that got the bad juju out of me, yay
- Am finally designing new merch and I’m writing this a break from that
- And I miss our dogs, I want to go home and walk dogs
Happy Labor Day y’all! f you’re working today, like I am after I post this, remember to take breaks.